Juvenile Crimes With Halley, No Concern is Too Small

Orange County Juvenile Crimes Attorney

Juvenile Crimes Representation Throughout Southern California

Halley J. Peters of HJP Legal is a defense attorney who understands the long-term consequences of a criminal charge for young people and she firmly believes in second chances. We are committed to advocating for alternative case resolutions, deferred or alternative sentencing or diversion programs that offer opportunities for young individuals to rectify their mistakes and move forward positively. Halley’s vast network of resources here in Orange County and all of Southern California will ensure your child receives the best rehabilitative and therapeutic care to ensure they come away from this criminal incident – even one where they are at fault – as a better person with better prospects for the future.

We are strong proponents of seeking solutions that allow young individuals to learn from their mistakes and avoid being haunted by their past transgressions indefinitely. The team at HJP Legal is dedicated to helping young clients explore all available options for case resolutions that may not involve a permanent mark on their records.

We understand the importance of protecting your child’s future opportunities and strive to achieve favorable outcomes that allow them to move past their mistakes and build a brighter future.

Don’t leave the future of your child to chance.

Contact Halley J. Peters at (949) 519-4955 for a free consultation and ensure that your child and family has competent and experienced representation by your side.

Continue Reading Read Less

Why Choose HJP LEgal?

  • Strategic Advice & Representation
    Attorney Halley J. Peters is well-versed in ensuring your legal rights are protected throughout the legal process. They will ensure that the evidence being used against you is obtained legally and within legal boundaries.
  • Minimize Penalties
    Criminal charges can have severe consequences, including losing certain rights, massive fines and penalty fees, and potential incarceration. A skilled criminal defense attorney like Halley J. Peters can help to minimize these penalties or even fight to get the charges dismissed entirely.
  • Clear Communication & Transparency
    Halley is here for you every step of the way. She keeps her clients informed and up to date on important developments in their cases, and is readily available to answer any questions or address any concerns that may arise.
  • Legal Expertise
    Halley is an experienced criminal defense attorney with the knowledge, skills, and resources to handle your criminal case. She understands the legal procedures and tactics of the prosecution, allowing her to provide you with the best defense.

What To Do If Your Child Faces Criminal Charges In Southern California

Get in touch with attorney Halley J. Peters at HJP Legal immediately for a comprehensive review of your child’s case. Our team will thoroughly examine the charges against your son or daughter and guide you through every step of the legal process with clear explanations and expert support.

Rest assured, we will diligently strive to achieve a positive resolution on your behalf, drawing on our extensive expertise as skilled negotiators and experienced trial attorneys.

Let us safeguard your child’s future and freedom.

Remember that with Halley, no concern is too small.

If your child is facing any type of Juvenile Crimes accusations, contact attorney Halley J. Peters with HJP Legal anytime 24/7 at (949) 519-4955 for a complimentary consultation. We provide legal services for juveniles and their families in Southern California, including Orange, Riverside, Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Bernardino counties.

Continue Reading Read Less

Orange County & Southern California Criminal Process

The process for Juvenile Court in handling criminal cases commences with the filing of a petition, as per California law. There are two types of petitions recognized under state law:

  • 601 Petition – filed by the probation department and applies to crimes that can only be committed by minors under the age of 18, such as truancy.
  • 602 Petition – filed by the District Attorney and applies to all other crimes that can be committed by both minors and adults. A 602 Petition provides that a child did something that would be a crime if they were 18 or older. This may be a felony, including but not limited to drug sales, murder, burglary or rape, or a misdemeanor, such as driving under the influence or assault. If the judge decides the petition is true, the child becomes a “ward” of the court as a “delinquent.” What happens to the child, the “punishment”, depends on what the child did.

The petition will specify a hearing date, and at the initial court appearance, which is commonly referred to as a “detention hearing,” a judge will assess whether your child should be detained, remain in detention, or be released to go home until the next hearing date. The judge will consider the following four criteria to make this determination:

  • If your child has previously violated a court order.
  • If keeping your child detained would be necessary to protect the safety of others or their property.
  • If your child needs to be detained for their own protection.
  • If there is a risk that your child may not appear at future court hearings.

In Juvenile Court, subsequent court appearances may involve pre-trial or settlement conferences, hearings on motions, transfer hearings to determine whether your child should be tried as an adult, jurisdiction hearings, disposition hearings, and review hearings.

During jurisdiction hearings, a judge will determine whether your child is guilty of the crime they are accused of. If found guilty, a disposition hearing will follow to determine the appropriate punishment, if any, for your child.

Continue Reading Read Less
No Concern Is Too Small Contact Us for Your Consultation

Our Team Is Here To Support You!

Call Us Today (949) 519-4955
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy